RSS


Get glimpses of the writing life of Christa Brassington, including novel excerpts, writing advice, sobering rejections and (hopefully) joyful acceptance, alongside basic writerly observations. All here on Writer Wise.

Lamentable Loss and a Kind Let-Down


Last night I dreamed I received my first rejection on my manuscript-- which I have not sent out yet, mind you. But I wasn't even disappointed because I almost expected it. And it was so complimentary a rejection that it was easy to take. The publisher had praised my work while telling me that it just wasn't a right fit for them.
No biggie.
So when it comes in real life I hope I handle it as gracefully as I did in dreamland.

The last week and a half I have been looking for one of my rewritten chapters but cannot find the file anywhere. I fear that I might have lost it when my laptop died on me, but usually Word recovers documents that were not yet saved when that happens.
Alas, I reworked the chapter last night and typed it up today so that now I can press on and have no excuses for any further lack of forward momentum.
And it is a clear reminder to save, save often, and save on multiple drives.
Indeed.

1 comments:

Sabrina said...

I hope you never have the chance to handle rejection with grace. Good job dismissing that obstacle...pressing onward.

Sabrina said...

I hope you never have the chance to handle rejection with grace. Good job dismissing that obstacle...pressing onward.

Post a Comment