RSS


Get glimpses of the writing life of Christa Brassington, including novel excerpts, writing advice, sobering rejections and (hopefully) joyful acceptance, alongside basic writerly observations. All here on Writer Wise.

Why the Internet is a Writer's Friend

I received a mailer today for the SDSU Writer's Conference in January 2010 so naturally I checked out the website. Unfortunately the faculty information was not updated and detailed 2009's editors and agents instead. I figure, what the hey, I can still see who was there last year and who works with young adult authors...
Ten minutes later, I'd compiled a short list of agents to research through their respective agency's websites. The woman at the top of my list? Not even listed with Writers House agency anymore.
Phew!
That's one embarrassment avoided had I pursued sending a query to her without checking.

WRITERS REMEMBER: triple check your information, in your manuscript as well as regarding who you approach with your work!

Merry writing!

0 comments:

Post a Comment