RSS


Get glimpses of the writing life of Christa Brassington, including novel excerpts, writing advice, sobering rejections and (hopefully) joyful acceptance, alongside basic writerly observations. All here on Writer Wise.

Working to a Deadline



I love deadlines. Especially the whooshing sound as they go by. - Douglas Adams

It turns out I don't have much discipline without a goal in sight. So I've made an accountability calendar, and if I stick to it I should be done with revisions by December 21st (and that's with taking Sundays off). Phew! Happy Christmas to me.

I am posting this here as additional accountability. And to explain to my friends and family why I am not socializing as much as I'm used to. Gotta count the cost of finishing a good work, right.

Another problem and solution-- my first draft is about 150,000 words.

Goal: 85,000.

With forty-four-ish chapters, I'm allowed roughly 2000 words per chapter, give or take seventy words.
My latest revised chapters are rounding out at around 3000 words. Hmmm. I'm going to have to work on that.

Snip, snip, snip.

Also, I just happened upon this website: http://internspills.blogspot.com and the intern declares this to be NaNoReVisMo (National Novel Revision Month), not to be confused with NaNoWriMo (National Novel Writing Month).

I think it's winning.

1 comments:

Sabrina said...

Wow, that intern blog is crazy...I'm not even writer and I'm thinking about bookmarking it. :)

Sabrina said...

Wow, that intern blog is crazy...I'm not even writer and I'm thinking about bookmarking it. :)

Post a Comment